Half updos are a great way to beautify your look without being too formal. Perfect to wear as a daily hairstyle or for the occasional special event. These three are all a little different and unique enough to fit your own personal style. Let me know who you love most!
Diagonal French Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start with a part on the left side by picking up a hair piece on the right side and dividing it into three sections.
- Step 2 / Make a stitch of a normal braid that crosses the right strand over the middle and then to the left.
- Step 3 / Start by integrating hair into the mesh by crossing the side strands across the middle and inserting new strands of hair.
- Step 4 / Now cross the right over the middle and insert a new section and then the left and then we will stop adding hair on the bottom side of the strand.
- Step 5 / Continue the braid around the back of the head by working hair into the top half of the braid and slowly bending the braid down to create a diagonal.
- Step 6 / Once a section is placed on the left side of the part, on the hairline, in the braid, then stop adding hair and braid the section at the bottom in a regular three-strand braid.
- Step 7 / When the braid reaches the ends, go back and gently pull the edges to make it a little bit bigger.
- Step 8 / Then tie the end with a rubber band so that it does not come loose.
Fishtail French Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / For this style, start with a part on the right side of the head.
- Step 2 / Split a small section on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three smaller sections.
- Step 3 / Make a stitch of a regular three-strand braid that crosses the back strand across the middle then the front strand.
- Step 4 / Combine the middle and rear strands so that you have two sections for the fishtail braid.
- Step 5 / Partly part off the back or right part, cross over the top and insert it into the left part.
- Step 6 / Pick up a new section of hair, cross over it and also add it to the left side.
- Step 7 / Take a small piece from the left side and cross it to the right. Pick up a new section of hair, cross over it and also add it to the right side.
- Step 8 / Now just pass the fishtail braid and bring the hair into both sides of the braid until it reaches the tip of the left ear.
- Step 9 / Then stop adding new hair and braid down the cut in a normal fishtail braid, crossing small sections to the opposite side, alternately alternating between the left and right sides.
- Step 10 / When the section is braided, go back and pull on the edges to make the braid bigger and fuller.
- Step 11 / Attach the end of the braid by crossing two hair clips over the end.
- Step 12 / Now take part of the hair on the right side of the head, turn it upwards, wrap it around the back of the head and fix it with a few hairpins.
- Step 13 / Take the fishtail braid, wrap it around the back of the head, put the braid under the twist so that the twist anchors the braid against the head.
- Step 14 / Take some bobby pins and tie the braid to keep it under the hair.
Mermaid Fishtail Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by creating a middle part and then brush the hair on the crown straight back.
- Step 2 / Divide one hair piece on the crown and divide it into three sections.
- Step 3 / Start a normal braid by crossing the side strands over the middle strand.
- Step 4 / Now take the left strand and combine it with the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Switch to a fishtail braid, take a small section from the left side, cross it to the right. Then you cross a small section from right to left.
- Step 6 / Cross a section from left to right. Then from right to left.
- Step 7 / Now cross over a little bit from the left and take a new piece of hair that puts it in the braid.
- Step 8 / Then make a regular fishtail stitch by crossing one section from right to left and one section from left to right.
- Step 9 / Now cross a section from right to left and insert a new section of hair.
- Step 10 / Make three more crossovers, left, right, then left, and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 11 / Then make three more crossovers, right, left, then right and bring in a new section.
- Step 12 / Now braid down a bit, I made about 8 stitches and tie the braid with an elastic band.
- Step 13 / Wrap a small piece of hair around the elastic band and attach it with a second rubber band.
I absolutely love how unique each of these braids is and would like to see your replicas of one of these styles. Be sure to tag me on Instagram and Twitter with the #MissySueHair hashtag if you do! Do not forget to share this with a friend that you think he would love!