Coachella! I’ve never really been, but I’ve heard it’s spring! Edgy, bohemian hairstyles have been all the rage lately and I do not need to say that I’m totally obsessed. So of course, I wanted to create a video that contains a selection of styles that are a bit more boss than the typical “do”. I think you could definitely wear these as everyday hairstyles, but in any case I hope you like the tutorial!
Hair Preparation: Before I started, I rolled all my hair with the Nume Tapered Curling Wand and applied Argan Hair Oil on the ends. I also used a few Luxy Hair Extensions to create the fullness in the styles. Specifically, 1 triple-clip shot and 2 double-clip wefts for half-top, half-bottom styles, and 4 single-clip weft ponytail wefts.
3 Coachella inspired hairstyles supplies:
- Nome Tapered Curling Wand – Code SAVE50
- Argan hair oil – my favorite!
- Luxy Hair Extensions – Code LUXYMISSYSUE
- Rattail teasing comb
- 2 haircut clips
- 4 clear elastic bands
- 8-10 Bobby Pins
- Floral ornaments – more options
- Medium hairspray
Half Up Crown Inspo // Top ( no longer available); // Lipstick ‘Candy Yum Yum’
Half Floating Crown Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair and divide it in the middle.
- Step 2 / Make a diagonal part about 2 “back from the hairline and down to the ear.
- Step 3 / Cut off the front part of the hair so it does not get in the way.
- Step 4 / Take a section near the part and make a Dutch braid, adding hair to the front part of the braid but not the back.
- Step 5 / Insert the hair until the braid reaches the temple, then braid the braid down and gently comb back the ends to prevent the braid from dissolving.
- Step 6 / Repeat the previous steps with the hair on the right side to create a Dutch braid and comb the ends.
- Step 7 / Now wrap the braids around your head so that they wrap around your back, higher up on your head and over the head behind which the braids begin.
- Step 8 / Push the bobby pins into the braids so that it does not move all day.
- Step 9 / Slide some beautiful flowers into the back of the braid to add some embellishments.
- Step 10 / Set style with hairspray.
Mohawk Ponytail Inspo // Top // Lipstick: ‘Candy Yum Yum’ + ‘Vegas Volt’
Mohawk French pigtail ponytail instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush the hair straight out of your forehead and take a small horizontal section directly on the forehead.
- Step 2 / Divide it into three sections and start a French braid.
- Step 3 / Pull the braid along the middle of the top of the head, add hair and let the hair along the sides of the head.
- Step 4 / Continue the braid in the center of the back of the head until it is a few inches from the hairline.
- Step 5 / Bind the braid with a clear rubber band.
- Step 6 / Gently pull on the edges of the braid and center to create volume within the braid, making it look more like a mohawk. Pull it a lot or a little, depending on your personal preferences.
- Step 7 / Collect the rest of the hair at the base of the braid and tie it off with a hair band.
- Step 8 / Take a small piece of hair off the ponytail and wrap it around the hair band.
- Step 9 / Insert the end of the wound section underneath with bobby pins.
- Step 10 / Spray the style with hair spray to set it.
Half Up Twists Inspo // Top // Lipstick ‘Heatwave’
Half Up V Twists Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair and create a middle section.
- Step 2 / Create a second part from the middle of the forehead diagonally back to the crown.
- Step 3 / Cut the hair under the “V” section to keep it out of the way.
- Step 4 / Spray the “V” section with hair spray and start turning the section towards the center of the head, starting at the forehead and back to the crown.
- Step 5 / Slide a bobby pin into the twist to secure it in place.
- Step 6 / Repeat the previous steps, create a second “V” section on the right side and turn it towards the center of the head and secure it with a hair clip.
- Step 7 / Take a 2-3 “horizontal section of the crown and gently comb back the hair to add some texture to the bun.
- Step 8 / Twist the section together and wrap it around itself to create a bun shape.
- Step 9 / Wrap the bun with an elastic to hold it in place.
- Step 10 / Pull on the edges and pinch the sections with bobby pins until it looks the way you prefer.
- Step 11 / Set the style with hair spray and smooth out the overflights.