I always love to create these themes tutorials and today’s features 3 fishtail braid hairstyles. These hairstyles are all casual enough to be worn everyday, which is the kind of style that is most in demand. With a combination of a low bun, a high bun and a half-up style I hope these will give you some great ideas to style your hair over the weekend and into the next week. If you decide to recreate any of these styles, then let me know in the comments below!
Double Fishtail Braids Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start with a part on the left side and create a zigzag part on the back of the head. Then set the right half.
- Step 2 / Create a Dutch fishtail with the hair on the left side. Start by picking up a small section near the hairline and dividing it into three sections. Cross the side strands under the middle to start a normal braid and then combine the back and middle strands so that there are only two pieces for the fishtail braid.
- Step 3 / Start by crossing small pieces from the right strand under the left strand. Pick up a new section of hair and cross under the left strand.
- Step 4 / Take a small piece of the left strand, cross it to the right and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 5 / Continue to braid the hair until the hair sits on top of the left ear.
- Step 6 / Braid down a bit and cross two hairpins over the ends to work with it later.
- Step 7 / Create a second Dutch fish tail braid on the right side of the head and add hair until the braid reaches the top of the ear. Then braid a little further down and slide two hairpins over the ends.
- Step 8 / Next, combine all the hair together and remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids.
- Step 9 / Once a hairband over the ponytail, turn it again with the right hand and spread the ponytail up and around the hair band. Then wrap the hairband twice more over the bun.
- Step 10 / Take the ends and put them back in the hair band at the top of the bun to finish the style.
Fishtail Braid High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by turning the head over and picking up a small disc near the hairline.
- Step 2 / Split it into the three pieces and cross the side strands under the middle.
- Step 3 / Combine the middle and left strand so that there are two for the fishtail braid.
- Step 4 / Take a small section from the left side and take a new section by crossing both under the right side.
- Step 5 / Then take a small section from the right side, take a new section and cross both at the bottom left side.
- Step 6 / Bring the braid up to the back of the head until the hair is up in the ears.
- Step 7 / Braid down a little bit and tie it with an elastic band.
- Step 8 / Combine all the hair for the bun and make the same bun as described in the previous hairstyle.
Half Up Ponytail Flip and Fishtail Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by cutting off a piece of hair on the crown and tie it with an elastic band.
- Step 2 / Make a gap just above the elastic band and pull the ponytail through the gap and back down to create a flip.
- Step 3 / Wrap a small piece of hair around the elastic band and attach it with another elastic band.
- Step 4 / Now weave the ponytail into a fishtail braid by dividing it into two halves and crossing small pieces from one side to the other side.
- Step 5 / Continue the braid until it is in the middle of the section and then go back and pull the edges to make it wider.
- Step 6 / Bind it with an elastic band. Cover the elastic material by wrapping one hair piece and securing it with another elastic band.