It’s a New Year, which means the New Year’s resolutions, and I know that some of you have decided to come to the gym! I admit that I am already nervous for the day when I have to swim in a bathing suit. For today’s tutorial, I’m thrilled to share three hairstyles that work perfectly for the gym and easily blend into everyday hairstyles. I hope these three are a bit more unique than your typical ponytail or messy bun, so check out the tutorial below!
- Rattailkamm “>
- Paddelb% C3% BCrste “>
- Elastic “b>
- Hairclips “>
- Haarband “>
- Hairspray “>
Double French Braid Ponytails Instructions:
In this hairstyle I add extensions, but you can easily skip this part of the tutorial if you wear this hairstyle in the gym or do some exercise.
- Step 1 / Start by narrowing down some extensions. I add three of the longer hair shots from Luxy.
- Step 2 / Create a zigzag part on the back of the head and that will hide the extension tracks.
- Step 3 / Tie the hair on the right side to work with the left side.
- Step 4 / Braid the left part into a French braid by picking up a small section near the hairline and dividing it into three pieces. Cross the right strand over the middle and then the left, then insert new hair into the braid.
- Step 5 / Cross over the side strands over the middle strand and add new strands of hair on this left side until they reach the nape of the neck.
- Step 6 / Once all the hair has been applied, tie off the braid with a transparent rubber band.
- Step 7 / Repeat the same steps by braiding the right section in a French braid and ligating it with a transparent elastic band.
- Step 8 / Take a small piece of hair from the right ponytail and wrap it around the elastic band.
- Step 9 / Tie a second elastic band over the ponytail, making sure you include the ends of the wound portion to hide the elastic bands.
- Step 10 / Repeat the same steps with the left ponytail.
Double Dutch Braids and low rolls Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by dividing the hair into four sections, creating a middle section and continuing over the back of the head. Then create a horizontal part from the tops of both ears.
- Step 2 / Clip off the upper right section and tie off the lower left section.
- Step 3 / Start a Dutch braid with the upper left section by picking up a small section near the hairline and dividing it into three parts. Cross the right strand below the middle and then the left strand under the middle.
- Step 4 / Now continue the braid until new hair from the upper left quadrant is braided.
- Step 5 / Cross over the part lines and start adding hair from the lower right quadrant. You could stop braiding your hair as soon as it reached this lower section, but I decided to continue the braid so I could make the buns at the same time.
- Step 6 / When all the hair is contained, tie off the end of the first braid and lower the other strands of hair.
- Step 7 / Now create a second Dutch braid, beginning at the hairline on the right side of the head, and work the back of the head down until all the hair from the top is inserted.
- Step 8 / Cross the braid over the first and continue to put hair in until everything is contained in the braid.
- Step 9 / Once both braids are done, remove the elastic band from the right braid and tie the hair into a knot.
- Step 10 / Take two fingers and put them under the section. Then turn your hand to grab the hair between the first two fingers and the thumb.
- Step 11 / Turn your hand to the right and turn it once or twice to turn the section.
- Step 12 / Then wrap the twist around yourself to form a bun in the neck.
- Step 13 / Wrap the bun with a clear rubber band and then insert the edges with bobby pins. Carefully pull on the edges of the bun to make it a little bit fuller.
- Step 14 / Now tie the left braid to a second bon and go back over the braids, pulling the edges to make them fuller.
French Braid High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by cutting off the hair at the top of the head, so create part lines at the front ends and clip down the bottom hairs.
- Step 2 / Divide a small hair near the hairline and divide it into three sections.
- Step 3 / Start a French plait by crossing the side strands across the middle.
- Step 4 / Then begin to integrate hair into the braid and continue the French braid towards the back of the crown.
- Step 5 / Lash the cut slightly and tie it with an elastic band.
- Step 6 / Brush the remaining hair into a high ponytail for the bun.
- Step 7 / To make the bun, take a hair band and wrap it once over the ponytail and then put it back into the dominant hand.
- Step 8 / Once over the dominant hand and use the other hand to spread the ponytail around the base of the ponytail.
- Step 9 / Wrap the hair band over this base and then turn the ribbon again and wrap it over the hair again to form the base of the bun.
- Step 10 / Pull on the edges to make the bun bigger, and then combine the hair sticking out of the bun, and return it to the headband to wrap it.
- Step 11 / Tuck the back of the bun to hold it flush with your head.
- Step 12 / Spray the style with hairspray to smooth all overflights.