I recently discovered this hairstyle on Iris via their Instagram (braids_in_action) and it just talked to me. I fell in love and wanted to create a tutorial for it immediately. It has an angular, unconventional atmosphere, but still soft and pretty with the curls swept to one side. This hairstyle would be so pretty for prom, coachella, school, everything! It’s quick and easy and you could easily make heatless curls instead of using an iron. Let me know what you think in the comments! I like to hear from you!
Bohemian sideswept Dutch Braid delivers:
- 1 1/4 “curling iron
- Paddle brush
- 1 hair sectioning clip
- 1 plain elastic band
- 2-4 hair clips
- Medium hairspray
Bohemian Sideswept Dutch Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by curling all the hair with a 1 1/4 “curling iron. To do this, divide 1 “sections of the hair and pinch it around the curling iron, fishing every section away from the face.
- Step 2 / When all hair is curled, gently brush through before forming a deep left side. Then continue to the neck, to the left.
- Step 3 / Cut off the hair on the right with a haircut clip.
- Step 4 / Divide a triangular section on the left side of the part near the hairline and divide it into three equal sections.
- Step 5 / Start a Dutch weave crossing the side strands under the middle.
- Step 6 / Braid the hair and add small pieces from this section.
- Step 7 / When the braid reaches the nape of the neck and all the hair from this section is inserted, braid the cut further down with a regular braid.
- Step 8 / Tie the braid with a clear rubber band or gently comb back the ends so it does not tear.
- Step 9 / Drop the cut hair and brush over the right shoulder.
- Step 10 / Spray the top of the head with hairspray and comb through it to flatten all tangles and overflights.
- Step 11 / Now wrap the braid around the neck and the right side of the head. Cross the braid over the top and fix it with several hair clips.
- Step 12 / Spray the hairstyle with a medium-hard hair spray to fix it.