I have seen so many cool combination braids lately that I wanted to try my own version of the style. This hairstyle is similar to the Braid Twisted Ponytail but with a little more edge. It’s nice because it gets the hair out of the way but reinforced with all the extra details. I’ve definitely been leaning more towards ponytail hairstyles lately as it’s got very hot at over 100 degrees of heat. This style is great because it can be easily altered to fit your own personal style, whether you’re changing the braids for twists or the fishtail with a regular braid, it’s easy to do and the best part is not one Bobby Pin is needed; So let’s move on.
Braid beautifies Bohemian fishtail
- Step 1 / With a part on the right, take a 1 “hair piece in a triangular shape on the left side of the part. Divide the cut into three parts and start a braid by crossing the side strands over the middle. Cross over the side strands again and alternately tie hair strands alternately left and right into the braid. Then braid the rest of the section into a normal braid.
- Step 2 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head and tie it together with a small hair piece on the right side. This will anchor the braid upside down without the need for bobby pins.
- Step 3 / Take a 1 “section of hair on the right side of the head, near the hairline, and braid it to a regular braid.
- Step 4 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head and secure it against the head by tying it with a small amount of hair on the left side.
- Step 5 / Take a small section on the left, under the first, and repeat step 1 braiding the hair to the end.
- Step 6 / Cross the section behind the head and tie it together with a section of hair on the right side.
- Step 7 / Repeat steps 5 and 6 with another section of hair on the right side, braid, wrap and tie.
- Step 8 / With the remaining hair hanging down, cut off two sections, one right and one left, and join them together over the other drooping hairs. Then tie this section with a transparent elastic so that a ponytail sits up.
- Step 9 / Create a topsy tail by turning the tail of the ponytail created in the previous step up and through the loop. Then turn it over again to create a packaged effect. [Not pictured: Tighten the top tail to push it closer to the neck, then gently pull on the edges of the wrapped hair to make it appear fuller.]
- Step 10 / Divide the remaining hair hanging down into two sections and braid each section to a fishtail braid. Tie the ends with transparent rubber bands. [For a quick reminder on how to braid, watch this tutorial!]
- Step 11 / Wrap the two fishtail braids together and tie them down with another elastic band.
- Step 12 / Spray the hairstyle with a medium-hard hairspray and straighten the remnants.