This braided and knotted updo is an offshoot of the Braid Embellished Updo. The two hairstyles are similar in some ways, but made different in some places to make each one unique. I love the creativity behind this hairstyle and the fact that it contains so many different braiding techniques. I have … a personal obsession with complicated updos and love to see them coming together section by section. This hairstyle looks complicated, but is easy for the enthusiastic braider to replicate. A perfect way to inspire the crowd in your next vacation.
Braided and Knoted Updo delivers:
- Paddle brush
- 2 haircut clips
- 3 clear elastic bands
- 30-40 bobby pins
- Hold hair spray firmly
Braided and Knotted Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to smooth out any tangles and then make a part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide one hair piece from the part to the left ear and cut off the back part.
- Step 3 / Divide the front part left into two vertical halves and cut off the back part.
- Step 4 / Using the front section, along the hairline, create a waterfall pigtail similar to this tutorial.
- Step 5 / Leave the back half that was previously cut off and braid it into a fishtail braid, incorporating a waterfall strand from the previous braid into each other section.
- Step 6 / Divide a small section of the crown with the back part.
- Step 7 / Carefully roll your hair to the right to create a volume on the crown.
- Step 8 / Fix the section to secure it.
- Step 9 / Next: Cut a small section of hair over the right ear, cut it out of the way, and also cut off the left ear.
- Step 10 / Separate a 2 “section of hair on the back of the hair under the fixed section.
- Step 11 / Twist the section to a node using the same technique from this tutorial.
- Step 10 / Slide bobby pins around the edges of the knot to secure it in place.
- Step 12 / Continue making knots until all the hair from the back section is fixed.
- Step 13 / Take the section on the left side of the head and twist everything together.
- Step 14 / Place it over the knotted section on the back and fix the edges to secure it.
- Step 15 / Lower the section on the right. Make a braid and pull the edges apart loosely.
- Step 16 / Wrap it over the top of the bun and secure it in place.
- Step 19 / Finally, take the braid from the left side, wrap it over the top of the bun and set the end firmly.
- Step 20 / Set the style with solid hairspray.