Brigitte Bardot Half Updo may be my new favorite hairstyle.
I kept hearing people say how much they admired Brigitte Bardot’s style, and it was only when I sat down and googled their name that I realized who she was. I had seen her picture before and knew the name, but never two and two together. As I leafed through the information and saw her iconic hairstyles and updos, I was thrilled. I knew I had to recreate the look and try it for myself.
This style is very girlish and feminine and the addition of a tiny bow completes the whole look. Back combing the upper part is the key and loosening the strands after the elastic really sets the style.
Follow these quick steps to get the look:
- Separate the hair on the crown of the head and gently comb back to create some volume.
- From the tops of the ears, gently pull the hair into the middle of the head.
- Bind the hair with a clear rubber band. * Tip: Gently loosen the upper parts by pulling them out of the rubber band for a softer effect.
- Grab a 1 “curling iron and curl your strands out of the face.
- Use your favorite band, tie a small loop around the clear elastic band.
- Finish with hairspray, smooth out any overflights; voila!
For more French inspiration, see the following posts:
- Brigitte Bardot Beehive Updo
- Style your hair like a Frenchwoman
- Make-up like a Frenchwoman
- how to dress like a Frenchwoman
- how to layer like a Frenchwoman
- Secrets of French women