Criss cross half updo is an original version of the traditional half-back style. Each piece is crossed individually, making it a little easier to reach than it looks.
I love this style because it’s a great way to dress up an everyday style so you can feel more comfortable without much work. It can even be worn without the clip during the day for a casual style, then extravagant at night or added to an event with the sparkling accessories.
Criss cross half updo
- Step 1 / Begin by picking up a section of hair at the forehead angles and bringing it straight up to the crown.
- Step 2 / Turn the section so that the right side crosses the left side and inserts a needle to hold it in place.
- Step 3 / Next, take a section of the hair on the left side, between the first section and the ear, and wrap it over the pinned section to secure it with another hairpin.
- Step 4 / Take the same section on the right side, wrap it over the top and fix it.
- Step 5 / Pick up another section above the left ear, cross over and cling firmly.
- Step 6 / Repeat step 5 on the right.
- Step 7 / Once all hair is secure, slide a hair accessory over the middle.