The Criss-Cross Looped Braid looks similar to the Looped Half Up Crown Braid, but is designed differently, with each loop passing over the next instead of underneath. This method creates a criss-cross pattern that makes the braid a little more complicated. This hairstyle requires a bit of practice and a lot of patience. I have repeatedly combed through my strands to reduce the high flyers, and think that may even work on wet hair! Please let me know if you try and what you think of this style in the comments!
Here are some other great half-updo hairstyles to try!
Criss-Cross Looped Braid Accessories:
Cross-Cross Looped Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Separate part of the hair from the part to the left ear with a part on the right and set the back part.
- Step 2 / Take a small section near the part and divide it into three equal parts. Start a braid by crossing the side strands across the middle.
- Step 3 / Cross the back strand over the middle and insert a piece of hair to form the waterfall plait section.
- Step 4 / Carefully divide the lower strand into two equal strands and then stroke one of the halves over the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Cross the back strand over the middle and bring the hair as usual.
- Step 6 / Redistribute the lower strand, cross half of the strand, and lower the other half.
- Step 7 / Lift up the first hanging strand and integrate it into the braid. Create the first loop.
- Step 8 / Cross the dorsal cord over the middle and bring a strand of hair with you.
- Step 9 / Disassemble the lower strand and cross one of the halves. Then grab through the loop and pull the next hanging strand through the middle, so that it lies over the top. Now insert the second loop into the braid.
- Step 10 / Repeat these steps by creating loops and pulling the hanging strands through the middle until you have created as many loops as you want.
- Step 11 / Once all the loops are done, bring the last hanging strand and braid the rest of the section into a normal braid, tying the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 12 / Take part of the hair on the back of the crown and clip it out of the way.
- Step 13 / Bring the braid around your head and tie it to a small section of hair under the cut part.
- Step 14 / Lower the cut off section and it should be over the end of the braid and hide where it was tied.
- Step 15 / If desired, lure the hair on the hair tips and put the finished hair spray with hair spray.