The best updos are easy to do and stay the whole day. This Criss Cross Updo is just that. It looks harder than it actually is, whichever is a bonus.
To achieve the appearance, strands of hair are twisted over the back of the head and then secured with an elastic band. No head full of hairpins here! These always tend to fall out or loosen up, especially if we go all day at an event or special occasion.
Jump to the tutorial and let’s start! You will be amazed how easy it really is!
Criss Cross updo
- Step 1 / Begin by picking up one hair piece above the ears on both sides of the head and bringing it back.
- Step 2 / Cross the left side over the right and turn the hair again.
- Step 3 / Attach the section with one or two hairpins.
- Step 4 / Take another section, on the right side, under the first section and turn it upwards, wrap it around the back of the head.
- Step 5 / Take a small piece of hair on the left side of the head, combine it with the twist and tie it together with an elastic band.
- Step 6 / Repeat steps 4 and 5 with a strand of hair on the left side, wrap them around and tie them together with a small piece of hair.
- Step 7 / Repeat the steps twice with hair on each side of the head, alternating sides.
- Step 8 / Next, twist the remaining hair together and wrap it around yourself at a low knot in the neck.
- Step 9 / Stick the bun with hairpins and flatten any leftovers with hairspray.