Braids are the latest craze in the summer. Whether it’s a Dutch braid, a French braid or just your everyday three-strand braid, this little touch of flair can be added to almost any style to give it a contemporary look. Why not add all three to a hairstyle? This braided updo is a great way to turn a regular bun into an extra trendy and chic look!
Love this style? Be sure to check out the Casual Braid and Bun Updo and the Mixed Braids and Messy Bun!
Double braided side-colored accessory
Double Braided Side Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove all entanglements and make a part on the left side.
- Step 2 / Make three small accent braids next to the part and tie each one with a clear elastic band.
- Step 3 / Separate the remaining hair into two sections, from the upper right corner of the forehead, to the back of the head, to the top of the left ear. Tie the lower part with a hair band to keep it out of the way.
- Step 4 / Pick upa small triangular section near the part and a French braid.
- Step 5 / Braid the section further to the right ear.
- Step 6 / Braid the rest of the section in a lace trim and pull it to the back of the head and left ear. Then tie the end with a clear rubber band.
- Step 7 / Lower the lower part of the previously set hair and take a small section of hair over the right ear.
- Step 8 / Make a Dutch braid with the braid to the back of the head and left ear, just below the braid above.
- Step 9 / Tie the braid with another transparent rubber band.
- Step 10 / Wrap all the hair into a low ponytail, slightly to the left outside the middle.
- Step 11 / Remove all elastic bands from each pigtail.
- Step 12 / Wrap the ponytail in a chaotic roll.
- Step 13 / Pinch and pull the hair over the braid to create a bit of volume.
- Step 14 / Carefully pull on the edges of the Dutch braid to make it fuller.
- Step 15 / Muck the whole style with a solid hairspray to put it.