It is safe to say that I have a little obsession with Dutch fish tail pigtails. The Fishtail Braided Updo is basically the “French braid” version of this hairstyle. Then there is the Inverted Fishtail Braid Updo, which resembles this hairstyle, but with only one Dutch fishtail braid.
I am often asked what the difference is between a Dutch fishtail braid, an inverted fishtail braid and a regular fishtail braid. The regular Fischschwanzborte has brought hair from above. The Dutch fishtail and the inverted fishtail braid are one and the same, where hair is inserted from below the braid so that it sits on the head. Both are beautiful braids, but I would guess you will like one more than the other. So try it and see what your favorite piece is.
Double Dutch Fishtail Braid Updo
- Step 1 / Separate the top part of the hair from the ears to the back of the head.
- Step 2 / Bind the body part to work with the shell first.
- Step 3 / Divide the hair into two halves, one left and one right, and then fix the right side.
- Step 4 / Pick up a piece of hair near the part and divide it into two strands.
- Step 5 / Start a Dutch fishtail braid by taking a strand of hair from the back strand, crossing it under the strands and adding it to the front strand.
- Step 6 / Cross over a small strand from the front to the back strand.
- Step 7 / Separate a small section of the dorsal cord and insert a strand of hair in the tresses, crossing both below and inserting them in the other side.
- Step 8 / Repeat step 7 with the front strand.
- Step 9 / Continue to braid the hair until the braid reaches the ear and all hair is pulled in. Finish braiding the hair in a regular fishtail braid.
- Step 10 / Tie off the braid with a clear rubber band and then gently pull on the edges to get a fuller braid.
- Step 11 / Repeat steps 5-10 with the hair on the right side.
- Step 12 / Leave the lower part of the hair that was tied off at the beginning.
- Step 13 / Make a little messy bun by wrapping the hair with an elastic band.
- Step 14 / Wrap the braid right around the knot and fix it.
- Step 15 / Now wrap the braid around the knot on the left and fix it with hairpins.