An intricate style that is not as tricky as you might think! This double fishtail crown braid is actually created by braiding the hair into three different fishtail braids and strategically wrapping them around the head. The longer the hair The longer the hair, the better it can be. You can even switch out of the fishtail braids for dutch braids and create a similar look! Try it out and I hope you love it! You want to feel like a princess with your very own crown
Double Fishtail Crown Braid Supplies:
- Paddle brush
- 1-2 hair sectioning clip
- 5-10 Bobby pins
- 3 Clear elastic band
- 1 1/4 “curling iron
- Firm-hold hairspray
Double Fishtail Crown Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to smooth it out before parting it on the left side.
- Step 2 / Divide off a circular section at the crown and clip this out of the way.
- Step 3 / Take the remaining hair and split it in the middle of the back of the head to create a left and right side.
- Step 4 / Braid each of them separately into a fishtail braid, securing the ends with elastic bands. If you’d like a refresher on this braid, the tutorial can be found here (:
- Step 5 / Next Let’s just say the right thing to do, then we’ll go back to the right side of the page, then we’ll go back to the right side in a fishtail braid, tying off the end with an elastic as well.
- Step 6 / Once all the hair is braided, gently loosen the sides of the braids to make them back and more full.
- Step 7 / Criss-cross the two braids hanging down the back so the braid on the right is going up the left side of the head and the braid from the left is going up the right.
- Step 8 / Lay them over the top of the head, a few inches back from the hairline, and pin them in place with bobby pins.
- Step 9 / With the braid at the crown, wrap it clock-wise around the head, tucking the tail between the braids and pinning it with more bobby pins.
- Step 10 / Once it’s all tightly pinned, go back and gently loose the sides of the braids to any gaps and pin any loose hair.
- Step 11 / Curl any hair left to frame the face and set the style with a firm-hold hairspray.