I can never get enough of combination hairstyles, but this beautiful “Do” is a lot easier than you think. It is created by braiding two separate inverted fishtail headband braids and then stretched out so that the space between them is hidden. Starting with the pigtails on the part and pulled over the forehead, creates a beautiful headband style. I love this plait for the spring and think it would be absolutely perfect for an outdoor picnic or lunch with friends. Dress him up with a beautiful clip and you’re ready to go!
Look at the last time I wore this hairstyle on Instagram!
Double Fishtail Headband Braids:
- Step 1 / Start with a part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Next, separate one part of the hair from the part to the left ear.
- Step 3 / Cut off the back part with an alligator clip.
- Step 4 / Divide the new section into two sections and cut off the back section.
- Step 5 / Next, take a strand of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it in half.
- Step 6 / Take a small piece from the back section, cross it under the strand, and insert it into the other half.
- Step 7 / Then take a small piece from the front, cross it under the strand and insert it into the other section.
- Step 8 / Now, cross a little bit below the back piece, but also put part of the hair in and cross it and attach it to the opposite side.
- Step 9 / Then cross a strand from under the front and under the other side and pick up the strand of hair and cross it underneath.
- Step 10 / Continue weaving, repeat steps 7 and 8 until all hair is inserted.
- Step 11 / Now plait your hair into a normal fishtail braid.
- Step 12 / Carefully loosen the braid by pulling on the edges; this creates a fuller voluminous mesh.
- Step 13 / Bind the end with a clear rubber band.
- Step 14 / Create a second fishtail braid just behind the first one.
- Step 15 / Lower the back section that was cut off.
- Step 16 / Wrap the braids around the back of the head.
- Step 17 / Grab some hairpins and secure them in place.
- Step 18 / Put some hair over the top to hide the pins.