Fishtail braids, especially the reverse version, are some of my very popular braids. They are easy to learn and a great way to beautify your daily ponytail. I think pages ponytails are so cute and easy that I thought it was the perfect time to combine the two together in this funny hairstyle.
If you’re new to the fishtail braids, this side ponytail would also be really cute with a Dutch braid, a French braid or even a regular braid instead. Just swap the fishtail for your favorite braid and you’ll have two new hairstyles!
Double Fishtail Side Pony Accessories:
- Paddle brush
- 2 Clear elastic band
- 1 fabric hairband
- Hold hair spray firmly
- Optional: 1 “curling iron
- Gold leaf pin
Double Fishtail Side Pony Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by making a part on the right side and run your hair to remove tangles.
- Step 2 / Then split one piece of hair from the part to the left ear and tie the back together to keep it out of the way.
- Step 3 / Divide the front piece into two equal parts. Wrap the front half behind the ear or cut it out of the way.
- Step 4 / Work with the leftover section, take a small section near the part and divide it in half for the Dutch Fishtail Braid.
- Step 5 / Take a small piece from the back, cross it and add it to the front part.
- Step 6 / Next, take a small piece from the front, cross it and place it in the back section.
- Step 7 / Cross a section from back to back, then pick up a strand of hair, cross under it, and insert it into the previously crossed section. * This method is the same as for a Dutch braid, into which hair is introduced. The two main sections are how the Fishtail effect is generated.
- Step 8 / Cross a section from front to back, bring in a section and cross it as well.
- Step 9 / Repeat steps 6 and 7 by crossing the sections below until the braid reaches the stirrup. Then braid the rest of the section to a regular fishtail braid without adding any hair, and tie the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 10 / Now lower the front half of the previously fixed section and repeat the previous steps to create a second fishtail braid.
- Step 11 / Once both braids are done, gently pull on the edges of each braid to make them wider and fuller.
- Step 12 / Now, bring all the hair together into a low ponytail, behind the left ear, and tie it with a hair band. (Remove the transparent rubber bands from each of the braids)
- Step 13 / Take a small piece of hair under the ponytail and wrap it around the hair band.
- Step 14 / Next, wrap a clear elastic band over the entire ponytail, making sure you include the ends of the wound section.
- Step 15 / Throw some curls into the ponytail with a 1 “curling iron and set the style with a medium to firm hold hairspray.