A bit of Brigitte Bardot, a bit bohemian, this Dutch pigtail decorated half updo is perfect for every day or the next special event. Try it with straight hair or wavy, a little less volume or something more; Whatever you like, this hairstyle is easy to do and a great way to change your look for the fall. Pair it with your favorite plaid top, ankle booties and a blanket to keep you warm on cool evenings.
Try these other great Half Updo hairstyles for your next special event!
- Waterfall braid and flower buns
- Lace Headband Braid
- Half Up French braids
Dutch Braid Embellished Half Updo Supplies:
- Paddle – brush
- 2 clear elastic bands
- 4-5 hair clips
- Finishing comb
- Medium-high hairspray
- optional: 1 “Pro Beauty curling iron
Dutch Braid Embellished Half Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Separate a small section of hair from the part to the left ear; Clip off the back section to keep it out of the way.
- Step 2 / Take a small piece of hair near the part and divide it into three strands.
- Step 3 / Create a Dutch mesh and cross the side strands under the middle.
- Step 4 / Begin to integrate the hair into the braid and make sure that you let the hair along the hair that is added at the end.
- Step 5 / Braid the section to one inch above the ear, then braid the rest of the section in a regular braid, tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 6 / Repeat the previous steps on the right and create a second Dutch mesh.
- Step 7 / Separate a small part of the hair on the back of the crown.
- Step 8 / Turn the section together to the right side and gently push it up to create volume at the top of the head.
- Step 9 / Slide bobby pins into rotation, horizontally, to secure this section of hair in place.
- Step 10 / Take the Dutch pigtail to the right side and place it over the twist, fix it before removing the elastic band from the end of the pigtail.
- Step 11 / Now place the Dutch braid from the left side under the previous braid and fix it as well.
- Step 12 / Take the hair along the hairline, on the right side, and place it under the braids, pinning the section to the edge of the braids, on the left side.
- Step 13 / With the remaining part of the hair on the left side, put it under the braids and secure it in place as well.
- Step 14 / Spray the hairstyle with a medium hairspray and straighten the supernatants.
- Step 15 / Optional: Add some curls to your hair tips with your favorite Pro Beauty Curling Iron.