This hairstyle is one of my absolute favorites and has been since I was a young girl. I always asked my mother to braid my hair in “two pigtails” because I loved the way she looked. Of course, there are a number of different ways to end this style. Combine the ends into a deep ponytail, wrap them into a deep knot, or braid the hair to the end for two plaited braids. My new favorite is to turn the ends into two little buns to find the perfect style for a casual day out with friends, a beach trip or a quick workout in the gym.
Dutch braids and messy rolls
Accessories: brush, hairpins, medium hairspray
- Step 1 / Start by sharing your hair at the most preferred spot, left, right or center. Then brush through to remove tangles.
- Step 2 / Make a middle part that runs along the back of the head to split the hair in half.
- Step 3 / Bind off the hair on the right side to keep it out of the way while braiding the left side.
- Step 4 / Take a small piece of hair near the hairline on the left side and divide it into three sections for the braid.
- Step 5 / Cross the strand on the right under the middle and then cross the strand on the left below the middle.
- Step 6 / Cross the strand right under the middle and pick up a strand of hair, cross it under the middle to integrate it into the braid.
- Step 7 / Now repeat the previous step with the strand on the left side.
- Step 8 / Braid the hair in a Dutch braid to the nape.
- Step 9 / Once the braid reaches the neck and all the hair is in, twist the section together and wrap it in a bun.
- Step 10 / Attach it with hairpins in the neck.
- Step 11 / Now let the hair hang on the right and repeat the previous steps to create a second Dutch braid.
- Step 12 / Wrap the hair into a second bun and attach it with several hairpins.
- Step 13 / Spray the style with hairspray to flatten any overflights to put it in place.