Prom is right around the corner and bridal season is almost here so I wanted to create a tutorial that would work for any occasion! I found this look on instagram from @lenabogucharskaya and immediately fell in love! It’s such a unique hairstyle that I literally could not wait to film the tutorial. I think this hairstyle is so about chic and would not it be fun to date subscribe, and share with your friends so they can love it too!
Dutch Fishtail Low Bun Supplies:
- Paddle brush
- 1 Clear elastic band
- 10-15 Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Dutch Fishtail Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by brushing the hair straight back from the forehead.
- Step 2 / Divide off a forehead, twisting it together and pinning it against the head to create a small pompadour.
- Step 3 / Pick up a small slice of hair about 2 “wide behind the pinned section, on the right side, and divide it into two smaller pieces.
- Step 4 / Begin a fishtail braid by crossing small pieces of hair from one section underneath to the opposite section, alternating between each side.
- Step 5 / After a stitch of the braid, start bringing in a small section of a dutch fishtail braid.
- Step 6 / Continue braiding the hair diagonally down the back of the neck, behind the left ear.
- Step 7 / When all of the hair is broken into the braid, continue braiding to the bottom in a regular fishtail braid, tying off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 8 / Grab some bobby pins and slide them along both sides of the braid. This will help you make the braid and keep it’s shape since we are going to pull it off.
- Step 9 / Now gently pulling on the edge of the braid to make it back.
- Step 10 / Then pull on the tail of the braid starting at the hair and working up to the nape of the neck. The more you pull on the tail, making it back, the bigger the bun will be wrapped.
- Step 11 / Take the end of the braid and wrap it up the right side of the head, creating a “U” shape.
- Step 12 / Then continue wrapping it counter clockwise into a spiral, tucking the ends into the center.
- Step 13 / Slide bobby pins around the base of the bun, underneath the hair until it feels tight and secure against the head.
- Step 14 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.