The best hairstyles are the ones that are easy to do, cute and chic, and get the hair up and out of the way. Braids are one of the easiest ways to achieve this and a cute Dutch fishtail side braid is a great way to do it. This holiday season is a cute braided combo and wear it out to be your next family or friend.
I recently got this hairstyle in an instagram pic and received a rave review I knew it needed a tutorial. It is similar to the French Braid and Side Fishtail Braid. You could even throw in a ribbon like in the other tutorial to make the look even more festive! If you love a great fishtail braid, do not miss out on the Fancy Fishtail Braid tutorial!
Dutch Fishtail Side Braid Tutorial:
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, start by picking up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part.
- Step 2 / Divide the section into three equal sections for the braid.
- Step 3 / Cross the back beach under the middle.
- Step 4 / Then cross the front beach under the middle.
- Step 5 / Cross the back beach under the middle and mate a hair section.
- Step 6 / Cross the front beach under the middle and bring in another section of hair.
- Step 7 / Continue step 5 and 6 until the braid reaches the corner of the forehead.
- Step 8 / Then braid the rest of the hair down into a regular dutch braid.
- Step 9 / Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 10 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head and pin it in place.
- Step 11 / Next, sweep the rest of the hair over the left shoulder.
- Step 12 / Pick up a section of hair in the middle of the remaining hair.
- Step 13 / Create a fishtail braid braid the hair all the way to the bottom.
- Step 14 / Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 15 / Create a fuller braid by carefully pulling on the edges.