Dutch fishtail braids are one of my favorites. This summer they are super hot and just right! I think pages ponytails are so cute and easy too that I thought it was the perfect time to combine the two together in this funny hairstyle.
If you are new to the fish tail braids, this hairstyle would also be really cute with a Dutch braid, a French braid or even a regular braid instead. It’s done in the same way, but just turn off the fishtail for your own favorite!
Dutch fishtail side pony
Accessories: brush, transparent rubber band, hair clip, 1 1/4 “curling iron, medium-high hair spray
- Step 1 / Start by making a part on the right side and run your hair to remove tangles.
- Step 2 / Then sweep all the hair over the left shoulder.
- Step 3 / Take a 3 “long piece of hair along the part on the heavy side and divide it in half for the Dutch Fishtail Braid.
- Step 4 / Take a small piece from the back, cross it and add it to the front part.
- Step 5 / Next, take a small piece from the front part, cross it under, insert it in the back part.
- Step 6 / Cross a section from back to back, then pick up a strand of hair, cross under it, and insert it into the previously crossed section. * This method is the same as for a Dutch braid, into which hair is introduced. The two main sections are how the Fishtail effect is generated.
- Step 7 / Next, cross a section from front to back, bring in a section, and cross it as well.
- Step 8 / Repeat steps 6 and 7 by crossing the sections below and inserting the hair until all the hair is incorporated into the braid. * Take care and hold the braid along the hairline, along the side of the face.
- Step 9 / When the braid reaches the lower end of the left ear, braid the cut a little further down without adding more hair.
- Step 10 / Bring the rest of the hair and tie everything together on the left side of the neck.
- Step 11 / Take a small piece of hair under the ponytail and wrap it around the hair band. Stick it with a hair clip in place.
- Step 12 / Carefully pull on the edges of the braid to make it full.
- Step 13 / Poke some curls in the ponytail with a curling iron.
- Step 14 / Spray the style with hair spray to set it.