This Dutch Lace Braid Ponytail Tutorial shows you a quick and easy way to add a braid to your everyday ponytail. It’s an easy way to add a little extra to a traditional look and wear it for everyday or exceptional occasions.
Find more hair inspiration with these other great ponytail tutorials!
- Dutch Mohawk ponytail
- French braid flowers ponytail
- Double braided ponytail
Dutch Lace Braid Ponytail Accessories
- Paddle brush
- 2 clear elastic bands
- Fabric hair band
- 1 “curling iron
- 2 hair pins
- Hold hair spray firmly
Dutch Lace Braid Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by splitting the hair near the middle and combing through all tangles. Then divide some of the hair around the crown at the top of the head and stick it out of the way.
- Step 2 / Start a Dutch pigtail with a small section of hair on the left side of the part.
- Step 3 / After making the first stitch of the braid, cross the thread on the right below the center. Next, take a strand of hair and attach it to the left strand, crossing both pieces under the middle strand.
- Step 4 / Now cross the strand right under the middle. Then add a small strand of hair to the strand on the left side and cross both under the middle.
- Step 5 / Braid the hairline towards the left ear and add only hair along the hairline.
- Step 6 / Once the braid reaches the ear, switch hands and braid the section further toward the back of the head, continuing to insert hair along the hairline.
- Step 7 / After inserting the hair from the neck, braid a few more stitches and then tie the end with an elastic band
- Step 8 / Make an identical braid on the right side of the head and tie the end with a second clear rubber band.
- Step 9 / Sweep the hair into a ponytail that is aligned with the upper ears.
- Step 10 / Once the ponytail is secured, remove the elastic bands from the braids.
- Step 11 / Take a small piece of hair off the ponytail and wrap it around the hair band.
- Step 12 / Secure the end of the packaged piece with two hairpins, criss-cross to help them all day.
- Step 13 / Curl the ponytail with your favorite Pro Beauty Curling Iron.
- Step 14 / Mist the style with a firm hold of hair spray and even down flyaways.