Who is ready for some light, heatless hairstyles? Summer is officially here and it’s hot out there! Put these hot tools and give your hair a break with this Iroquois braid. This style is simple and fast and there are also 4 different ways to wear it. You now have a hairstyle for the next four days! Try it and let me know what you think!
Dutch Mohawk Braid Hairstyles Accessories:
- 2 clear rubber bands
- 1 headband
- 2-3 hair clips
- Medium hairspray
Dutch Mohawk Side Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by splitting the hair in a deep side panel on the right side.
- Step 2 / Fingers comb the hair straight back from the forehead and pick up three sections for the braid.
- Step 3 / Begin by crossing the left strand under the middle and then the right strand below the middle.
- Step 4 / Cross the left strand below the middle and then the right strand under the middle.
- Step 5 / Now start to incorporate hair into the braid, take a section along the part line and insert it into the braid.
- Step 6 / Continue the Dutch braid along the top of the head along the partial line until you reach the crown.
- Step 7 / When the braid reaches the crown, start adding hair from the right side of the part and work from the end of the part down to the right ear so that the hair slides around the back of the head.
- Step 8 / Make more cuts until the neck is reached, then braid down in regular pigtails.
- Step 9 / Bind the end of the braid with a clear rubber band and then go back and gently pull the edges to make it wider and fuller.
Undone Mohawk Side Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Perform the previous steps for the Mohawk sidebar.
- Step 2 / Instead of braiding on the underside of the hair, hold on the collarbone and divide a small section from the outside edge.
- Step 3 / Wrap this section around the base of the braid and tie it with an elastic band ensuring that the ends of the wrapped section are contained.
- Step 4 / Go back and gently pull on the edges of the braid as well as on the wrapped section to make it fuller.
Mohawk Dutch Braid Low Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Follow the above steps for the Mohawk Dutch Braid.
- Step 2 / When the braid reaches the neck, tie it with a hair band.
- Step 3 / Part a small section of the ponytail and wrap it around the hair band.
- Step 4 / Attach it down with 1-2 bobby pins.
Dutch Mohawk Braid Messy Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Complete the Mohawk Dutch Braid from the instructions above.
- Step 2 / Wrap the hair in the neck around the middle of a hair band.
- Step 3 / Turn your hand under your hair and wrap the hair band over the base.
- Step 4 / Pull on the sides of the bun to pull it upside down.
- Step 5 / Take out the ends, wrap them back in the direction of the hair band and insert them.
- Step 6 / Stick loose parts and set the style with hairspray.