Pump up your pony with a chic Dutch braid! This hairstyle is so cute and simple, perfect for returning to school! Although the school year has already begun, it is still hot outside and this hairstyle is perfect to get those strands off your neck and out of the way. I love to wear ponytails and that’s one of my favorite things to do!
Love ponytail styles? Look at these other favorites!
- Dutch fishtail pony
- Page French Braid Ponytail
- Double braided ponytail
Dutch Mohawk Ponytail Accessories:
- Paddle brush
- Clear elastic band
- Fabric hair band
- 1 “curling iron
- 2 hair pins
- Hold hair spray firmly
Dutch Mohawk Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by brushing the hair directly from the forehead and through the ends to remove any tangles.
- Step 2 / Take a 2 “wide section of hair in the middle of the forehead and two smaller sections directly behind it, one to the right and one to the left.
- Step 3 / Start a Dutch weave by crossing the side strands under the middle section.
- Step 4 / Start by incorporating small strands of hair into the braid and holding it in the middle of the top of the head.
- Step 5 / When the braid reaches the back of the crown, tie it with a clear rubber band.
- Step 6 / Brush the rest of the hair into a ponytail that sits at the end of the braid.
- Step 7 / Grab your favorite curling iron and add some curls to the ends of the ponytail.
- Step 8 / Separate a small piece of hair from under the ponytail and wrap it around the hair band to hide it.
- Step 9 / Secure the end of the wound section by crossing two hairpins on top of each other and sliding it under the hair band to hide it as well.
- Step 10 / Spray the top and sides of the hair with a firm hold of hairspray and flatten any overflights.