A ponytail is one of the most comfortable hairstyles out there. I love it because you can easily change your appearance by switching between a low ponytail for errands and a high ponytail for dinner. Today’s tutorial is a spin on an older tutorial from last year, the Dutch Fishtail Ponytail. This species features a Dutch pigtail and fishtail trimming combination while last year was a Dutch fishtail trinket. I love both and think they are a super smooth way to easily strengthen your summer pony. I would like to hear what you think and what you like best!
Dutch Braid Fishtail Ponytail Accessories:
- Rat-tail comb
- Clip for cutting hair
- Clear elastic band
- 2-3 hair clips
- hair spray
Dutch Braid Fishtail Ponytail Instructions:
To prepare the hair, I rolled everything away from the face with a 1 “curling iron. You can do this style with any hair structure, straight, wavy or wavy.
- Step 1 / Create a deep side part; I have mine on the left.
- Step 2 / Cut off the top area so as not to hinder the braid.
- Step 3 / Take a small section on the left side near the hairline and divide it into three equal parts for the braid.
- Step 4 / Start a Dutch weave by crossing the side strands under the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Begin installing small sections into the braid and continue the braid so that it runs horizontally over the left ear towards the back of the head.
- Step 6 / Now stop adding hair and doing a few extra stitches of a normal Dutch braid before ligating the end with an elastic band.
- Step 7 / Remove the clip from the top of the head and brush all the hair into a ponytail.
- Step 8 / Bring the braid in the last, so it is not lost among other hair and tie everything together with a hair band.
- Step 9 / At this point, you can go back through the braid and pull the edges to make it wider, so it looks a little better.
- Step 10 / Divide a small piece of hair from the top of the ponytail and divide it into two equal parts.
- Step 11 / Create a fishtail braid by crossing small sections from the outer edges to the opposite side and braiding to the ground.
- Step 12 / Loosen the sides of the braid to make it fuller and tie it with an elastic band.
- Step 13 / Parting off a small section of the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and put it with hairpins underneath.
- Step 14 / Spray the hairstyle with a medium-hard hairspray and straighten the supernatants.