Embellished French Braid with Twists provides a casual and casual French braid that starts at the ears and ends in a thick braid. Two turns on the ears wrap over the top of the braid to give it a bit of detail and it’s finished with a cute flower crown ( by American Eagle ), but here’s a similar one that I totally love from urban outfitters.
I love this hairstyle and I think it’s a perfect way to wear the always trendy flower crowns that just happened. My first experience with a flower crown was in a braid for this style post, which was totally fun. There is also a tutorial for the look, if you want to try it, Flower Crown Braid.
Here’s another way to wear this flower crown, which happens to be one of my favorites, Braided Up and Flower Crown.
Click for the tutorial through …
Follow these steps to get the ornate braid with twists:
- Start with a part on the right side.
- Separate a section of hair about two inches back from the hairline and to the left ear.
- Clip with a crocodile clip or a hair tie to the side.
- Repeat the same on the right side of the head and cut off a section of hair.
- Clip the rest of the hair up and out of the way to more easily tie the flower crown.
- Take your favorite flower crown (mine is from American Eagle) or headband and put it in the part that was created from the above steps.
- Lower the back hair
- Add some clip-in extensions as needed.
- Next, separate a section of hair from the top of the ears and back towards the back of the head.
- Divide this section into three parts for the braid.
- Cross the strand in the left hand over the middle strand.
- Now cross the right strand over the middle strand.
- Cross the left strand over the middle and bring along a strand of hair.
- Cross the right strand over the middle and bring a strand of hair with you.
- Repeat steps 13 and 14 until the braid reaches the nape of the neck and all hair is put into the braid.
- Finished, the hair braids into a regular braid.
- Tight the end with a transparent rubber band.
- Carefully loosen the braid by pulling on the edges. This creates a bigger braid.
- Remove the clips from the front parts that were disconnected at the beginning.
- With the hair on the left side, turn it up and wrap it behind your head so that it sits on the French braid.
- Take a hairpin and slide it horizontally over the hair towards the left ear. This will make it safer.
- Repeat steps 20 and 21 with the hairs on the right side and place them under the first turn.
- Put a strand under the turns and into the hair to hide it.
- Finish by smoothing over with hairspray and wiping on your favorite lipstick.