Getting a basic braid to the next level can be as easy as two extra steps. In today’s tutorial, I’ll show you a quick and easy way to spice up your everyday fishtail braid and make it perfect for every day. I love to wear this style when I do not want to have heat on my hair because it’s cute and funny, but it can be easily spruced up for an evening out. xo, missy
Fancy Dutch Fishtail Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Divide a hair piece on the crown and bring it to the back of the head.
- Step 2 / Place the left side over the right and secure it with a pair of bobby pins against the head.
- Step 3 / Pick up a hairline on the left and right side of the head.
- Step 4 / Criss cross the two pieces on top of each other at the back of the head.
- Step 5 / Start a Dutch fishtail braid by crossing a small section from right to left. Then you cross a small section from left to right. Now pick up a new section of hair from the left side of the head.
- Step 6 / Cross it under the braid and add it on the right side.
- Step 7 / Cross a small section from right to left. Pick up a new section of hair and cross over it.
- Step 8 / Continue to cross small strands of hair to the opposite side as you insert new sections until the braid reaches the nape of the neck.
- Step 9 / Now weave down the rest of the section in a normal fishtail braid by crossing small sections under the other side.
- Step 10 / Tie the braid with an elastic band and then go back and gently loosen the sides to make it a little bit fuller.