Faux Fishtail Braid looks like a fishtail braid but is actually a thousand times lighter. There is no braiding, so almost anyone can do it!
This hairstyle has four “topsy tails” and I do not think I’ve ever done a hairstyle with a topsy tail. Where this name comes from, I will never know, but I remember that I wore it in a simple ponytail version. I am so glad that it has developed in cute styles since then!
Faux Fishtail Braid
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, take a section of the hair on the heavy side of the part and wrap it with a clear rubber band.
- Step 2 / Make a topsy tail by making a gap over the rubber band and turning the tail up and out through the gap, then pull it down firmly.
- Step 3 / Carefully loosen the hair of the tail tail so that it will hide the elastic.
- Step 4 / Take a new section of hair below the top of the Topsy Tail and tie it with another rubber band.
- Step 5 / Create a second pointed tail by twisting the hair through a gap and tightening it again.
- Step 6 / Bring the hair from the right side of the head and bring two more top tails with the rest of the hair.
- Step 7 / Take a strand of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the last rubber band.
- Step 8 / Wrap a new rubber band over the tail and tighten it. The hair wrapped around the band will hide both elastics.
- Step 9 / Finish by spraying the style with hair spray to set it.