With Summer here, music festivals are appearing everywhere. I have some friends who like going out every weekend, so I thought a tutorial for a more bohemian style would be fine. This hairstyle is unlike anything I’ve ever done before, and is a small Dutch braid along a middle part that divides into two smaller braids, wrapped around the noggin and tied at the back. If you have your Dutch lichen, it’s a breeze, so let’s move on!
Festival Hair Tutorial:
- Step 1 / Start by spraying the hair with a heat protection spray from the roots to the tips. I use Tresemme Get Sleek.
- Step 2 / Continue luring your hair in 1 “sections with your favorite curling wand; Mine is the Lustrum set of NuMe. Let the ends of the hair so that they lay a little straighter and take turns between the hair in the direction of the face and away from it. This gives the curls a bit of definition and a carefree beach look.
- Step 3 / Next, take your favorite shine spray, such as the Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray, and moisten it lightly from the middle to the ends.
- Step 4 / Spread the product through your hair with your fingers and stroke the curls for a Beachy Vibe.
- Step 5 / Next divide a hair part in the middle of the top of the head about 1/2 “thick. Cut off the sides so you do not accidentally put extra hair in the braid.
- Step 6 / Create a Dutch braid with this section and stop when the braid reaches the hairline. Watch this video to find out more about the Dutch Braid.
- Step 7 / Divide the section in half and braid each half in a regular braid. Tie the ends with a transparent rubber band so that it does not come loose.
- Step 8 / Bring both braids around the back of the head and tie them together with a third elastic band. Now remove the two rubber bands that previously held each braid.
- Step 9 / Spray the style with a medium hairspray and you’re ready to go!