These hairstyles include a pull-through braid that’s totally new to MissySue and a Fishtail French Braid Headband. If you want to braid, but want to try something new, then this hairstyle is the next updo. It has a small fishtail braid along the front, which combines with a loop updo in the back. It may seem difficult at first, but it’s actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Let yourself be surprised and let your friends be amazed by your cool new updo.
For more fishtail hairstyles check out the Fishtail Braids page in the main menu under Hair or just click here!
Fishtail Braid and Pull Through Bubble Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start with a part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Separate a front part of the hair from the part to the left ear. Put these with a hair clip out of the way.
- Step 3 / Take a strand of hair just behind the piece you cut in step 2 and tie it into a mini ponytail with a transparent rubber band.
- Step 4 / Next, take another strand of hair next to the previous section and tie it into another mini ponytail.
- Step 5 / Take the hair off the first elastic band, split it in two pieces, up and down, and pull the second ponytail through the middle. Stick this hair out of the way to work with the split ponytail.
- Step 6 / Combine this split ponytail with a new section of hair and tie it with another rubber band.
- Step 7 / Lower the hair that was pinned and split it in half, top and bottom.
- Step 8 / Take the new, second ponytail and place it over the split ponytail, poke it up and down.
- Step 9 / Repeat steps 6 through 8 until all hair is tied.
- Step 10 / Once all hair is combined, take the upper ponytail, split it, pull the second ponytail through the middle and then wrap an elastic band around the split hair and re-combine it.
- Step 11 / Repeat step 10, split, wrap and tie it to the end of the hair.
- Step 12 / When all hair is braided, gently loosen the sides to get a full effect on each section.
- Step 13 / Next, take the tail of the braid and wrap it under the top part, pinning it to the head.
- Step 14 / Lower the front part and create a fish tail French braid.
- Step 15 / Once the front part is braided, wrap it over the top of the passing bun and attach it with hairpins.