Adding a pretty braid to any bun is an easy way to take it to the next level. I personally love wearing low side buns and dressing them up a bit is definitely my forte. This style is so perfect for work or school because it stays in snug and transitions. Switch out the braid for a dutch braid or regular braid and just add three new styles to your beauty repertoire!
Be sure to check out the other Fishtail Braided hairstyles!
- Fishtail Halo Braid
- Double Fishtail Headband Braids
- Dutch Fishtail Side Pony
Fishtail Braid Updo Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- 1 Clear elastic bands
- 1 hair band
- 2-3 bobby pins
- Firm-hold hairspray
Fishtail Braid Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by creating on the right side and brush through the hair to remove any tangles.
- Step 2 / Divide off a section of hair from the left down to the left ear; clip off the back section.
- Step 3 / Pick up a 3 “section of hair on the heavy side, and divide it into two halves for the Dutch Fishtail Braid.
- Step 4 / Take a small piece from the right section, cross it underneath and add it to the left section.
- Step 5 / Next, take a small piece from the left section, cross it underneath, adding it to the right section.
- Step 6 / Cross a section from the right underneath to the left and then pick up a section of hair, crossing it underneath as well and adding it to the left section.
- Step 7 / Next cross a section from the left underneath to the right.
- Step 8 / Now repeat steps 6 and 7 crossing sections underneath while bringing in hair until the entire section is incorporated into the braid.
- Step 9 / When the braid reaches the bottom of the left ear, braid the section below.
- Step 10 / Bringing the rest of the hair together at the left side of the nape of the neck, including the braid too.
- Step 11 / Wrap a hair band over the hair. Then twist the band twisting the hair at the same time, and wrap the band once more over all the hair.
- Step 12 / Shape the bun so it looks flattering, pulling some pieces loose or tucking into any hair sticking out.
- Step 13 / Spray the hair at the front with hairspray and smooth down any loose hairs.
- Step 14 / Then set the style with a few sprays of hairspray.