Fishtail Bun Updo features a gorgeous hairdo with an intricate braided bun and double headband style.
I love wearing my hair up in summer especially when I’m trying my darn test to not use heat on my dry tresses. This hairstyle is perfect because it keeps the hair out of the way!
The braid may look complicated but when you see it in the video below you will be amazed at how simple it really is!
Click through for the video tutorial …
Here are the steps to achieving your own version of this hairstyle:
- Start by brushing the hair back straight, away from the face.
- Take a small slice of hair at the back of the crown and back.
- Add a texture to add some grip to the hair.
- Carefully smooth the hair back down.
- Next, sweep all the hair up into a ponytail and the center of the back of the head.
- Divide the ponytail into two equal halves.
- Braid each side down into a fishtail braid; check out this video to learn how to fishtail braid .
- Once the hair is braided, gently pull on the edges of the braid to loosen it and make it larger.
- Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Next, repeat steps 7 through 9 with the other half of hair in the ponytail.
- Once both halves are braided, take one braid and wrap it upwards, pinning it against the head.
- Take the tail down the right side and pin it again, leaving the tail loose.
- Then, take the other braid and wrap it down, pinning it against the head.
- Next, wrap it upwards, in a clockwise motion, and pin it again.
- Wrap the tail over the top of the first braid, tucking in the end, and pinning it in place.
- Now, take the tail from the first braid, that left, loose, and wrap it clock-wise, over the second braid.
- Tuck the tail underneath the second braid and pin it against the head; this creates a chunky top at the same spot on the head.
- Grab a medium hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.
- With your two favorite headbands, slide the first one so it’s 1/2 “to 1” from the hairline.
- Take the second headband and place it 1 “behind the first.
- Done, dealio!
I hope you love it as much as I do!