Hello lovely friend! I am so excited to be a new braid series, 12 Braids for Spring! This is the fifth hair series I have done for this blog and I am looking forward to this new one. All the hairstyles wants to be different from previous styles and feature a range of levels from easy to difficult. I hope you will love each of them!
You can browse through the previous ones here!
- 20 Braids for Spring
- 12 Braids for Summer
- 15 braids for case
- 12 Holiday Hairstyles
Let’s get into the first braid in the new series, 12 Braids for Spring!
If you love the style and try out the look, tag @missysueblog and #missysuehair on Instagram, Twitter, and Google+ so I can see it!
Do not forget to pin your favorite image!
Fishtail Crown Braid
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, picking up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and dividing it into two sections.
- Step 2 / Separate a small piece from the back section, cross it underneath and add it to the front section.
- Step 3 / Separate off a small section from the front half, crossing it underneath and incorporating it into the back section.
- Step 4 / Repeat step 2 and pick up a hair section, adding it to the braid as well.
- Step 5 / Now repeat step 4, picking up a section of hair and crossing both underneath to the opposite side.
- Step 6 / Continue braiding the hair, creating a dutch fishtail braid that trails over the left ear towards the back of the head.
- Step 7 / Switch hands while braiding along the back of the head.
- Step 8 / When all the hair is in the braid, finish in a regular fishtail.
- Step 9 / Gently loosen the sides of the braid to create a fuller braid before tying off the end with a clear elastic.
- Step 10 / Lay the tail behind the hairpin.
- Step 11 / Spray the style with hair spray and you are set to go!