Fishtail French Braid Braided Bun has two braided fishtail braids tied together in a braided knot.
It is similar to Braid 10-Double Waterfall Braids Fishtail Bun and a bit more than the Fishtail Bun Updo.
I find that fishtail French braids can be difficult to do. It’s easier to lose track of which side you are plaiting, and the fact that hair is applied on each side. Somehow my fingers just forget what to do and I have to start over.
However, the best way to tackle the pigtail is to practice over and over again. Recently we stopped at the shop, and since we had Mr. Gooch with us, I decided to go with him in the car so he does not get too hot. I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to practice a French fishtail braid and soon I had the idea for this hairstyle.
I hope you try it and love it the way I do!
Fishtail French Braid Braided Bun:
- Starting with a side panel on the right, separate a small triangle of hair from the part down toward the forehead.
- Divide this section into two equal sections.
- Take a small piece of hair from the back and cross over the top and put it in the front part.
- Next, take a small piece of hair from the front section, cross it over the top and attach it to the back section.
- Repeat step 3, but then add a hair piece from the right to create the French braid effect.
- Repeat step 4 and also add hair on this page.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to create a fishtail braid until the braid reaches the left ear.
- Now plait the rest of your hair into a normal fishtail braid.
- Tie the end with a transparent rubber band and create a larger mesh by carefully loosening the sides of the mesh.
- Now plait a second fishtail braid on the right side of the head, starting from the forehead, around the back of the head and from the neck on the left side.
- Tie this braid with an elastic band and loosen it by pulling on the sides of the braid.
- Next, take the braid on the right side and wrap it in a bun, just outside the middle, at the nape of the neck.
- Slide some hairpins around the edges to hold them in place.
- Take the braid on the left side and wind it counterclockwise, along the bottom of the bun and up around the right side.
- Fix the edges in place.
- Finish with a little hairspray and loosen some hair around the face.