Is it still Christmas? All I can think of are pretty updos that would be so much fun for a fancy party. This style is so versatile and works for so many different occasions. You can simply change the bun for your darling and wear it as an everyday hairstyle. Fishtail French braids are one of my favorites ( are not they all my favorite? ), Because I love how they make each hairstyle look harder than it actually is. I think you will really love this tutorial; I really hope that you will do it (: Let me know in the comments how you want to arrange your hair for the upcoming holidays, I’m so curious to know!
Fishtail French Braid Low Bun supplies:
- 10-12 hair clips
- Clear elastic or hair band
- Medium hairspray
Fishtail French Braid Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by parting the hair on the left side and then take a small section on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three parts.
- Step 2 / Make a stitch of a normal braid crossing the right strand over the middle and then the left strand.
- Step 3 / Now combine the middle and the right strand so that there are only two sections.
- Step 4 / Switch to a fishtail braid, take a small piece from the right side, cross it over the top and insert it into the left side.
- Step 5 / Then take a new strand of hair and cross it over the top and insert it into the left side.
- Step 6 / Now take a small piece from the left side, cross it to the right. Take a new section and cross it on the right side.
- Step 7 / Pass the braid further to the left ear and then slowly angle the braid backwards.
- Step 8 / When the braid reaches the center of the back of the head, add new sections and braid that section down in a fishtail braid.
- Step 9 / Cross two hairpins over the end of the braid.
- Step 10 / Create a second French Fishtail braid on the left side of the head, though if you prefer to have only one braid then you can skip this step.
- Step 11 / When the left braid hits the right braid, braid the part down a bit and then secure the ends with two more bobby pins.
- Step 12 / To create the knot, collect the rest of the hair under the pigtails and tie an elastic band over the section once.
- Step 13 / Put the tape back into the dominant hand and turn it once.
- Step 14 / Grasp the base of the ponytail and use the opposite hand to spread the ponytail up and around the elastic band.
- Step 15 / Pull the rubber band over the ponytail again to create a small knot in the neck.
- Step 16 / Take the ends out of the bun and loop them back to the top of the bun and put them in the elastic band to form another loop.
- Step 17 / Take my two braids and put them over the top of the bun and stick them with hairpins against the head.
- Step 18 / Remove the hairpins from the braid on the right side, make a loop and put them with a few hair clips next to the topknot.
- Step 19 / Then create another loop with the rest of the hair stuck.
- Step 20 / Now do the same with the ends of the braid on the left side. Make a loop on the side of the bun and fix it with bobby pins.
- Step 21 / Set the style with hairspray and roll all the pieces around the face.