Fishtail French Braid Updo is a perfect hairstyle for that night out on the town. I love to wear my hair in braids to work so I think with a smart blazer and clean cut pencil skirt, this could even work out at the office.
The hairstyle features two fishtail french braids wrapped in a bun and secured with hair pins. If you’ve mastered the fishtail french braid then you definitely need to try this look. It could also be done with regular braids or even dutch braids too.
Fishtail Braids too! Fishtail Braids too!
Step-by-step instructions for the Fishtail French Braid Updo:
- Begin with a side part, whichever side is your preference.
- Take a 2 “section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into two halves.
- Begin a fishtail braid by taking a small piece of hair from the front beach, crossing it over the top, and adding it to the other half.
- Then take a small section of hair from the back half, cross it over the top, and add it to the front half.
- Now begin a fishtail french braid by taking a small piece of hair from the front half, adding it to the other side, then adding it to a section of hair and adding it to it as well.
- Repeat step 5 with the back beach.
- Continue braiding a fishtail braid until it reaches the back of the head.
- Finish braiding into a regular fishtail braid.
- Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Now repeat steps 2 through 9 with the hair on the other side.
- Once all the hair is braided, wrap the two braids together to form a bun.
- Slide hairpins into the bun to hold it in place.
- Finish with medium to strong hairspray.