Flat Iron Curls is a tutorial that will show you how to curl your hair with a flat iron.
I’m wearing hair extensions, from Sally’s Beauty, in the video, but you loosen up your hair in the same way. Curls with a flat iron are some of my favorites. Second favorite, actually, right behind a 1 1/4 “curling iron. Do not worry, this tutorial is coming soon.
A flat iron can be difficult to get used to, but every time you try it, you will be a little bit better. I started using a straightener to curl my hair in college. In fact, until a few years ago I did not have a curling iron when I started this little (read: totally cool) blog.
Do not be discouraged if you do not do it right at the beginning. It definitely needs exercise. If you put your dominant hand over your head to reach the other side, I would definitely recommend you if you want your curls to look uniform. If that sounds confusing, just watch the video and you’ll understand what I mean.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for the look:
- Start by dividing the hair into sections; You can achieve this by dividing the hair at about ear height and fixing the rest on top of the head.
- Slide your fingers over the back of the head, beyond the section and divide it in half. Pull each side forward so that they rest over the right or left shoulder.
- Take a strand of hair on the left side and comb through.
- Spray the strand with a heat protection spray.
- Scour the strand a second time. This is very important to ensure that the flat iron slides over the strand.
- With the flat iron in your right hand, cross your arm over your head so that the mouth is pointing down.
- Clamp the iron over the strand and turn it towards the back of the head.
- Take the end of the strand and guide it around the straightener.
- Carefully push the iron downwards, making sure that the thread remains in the clamp of the iron.
- Repeat steps 2 to 8 with the next strand.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 with the hair on the right side.
- Now take the iron and clamp it over the hair so that the opening points downwards.
- Turn the hair straightener towards the back of the head and guide the rest of the hair so that it follows the rotation.
- Now slide the hair straightener along the strands and keep the rest of the hair in line so that it follows through the iron and is curled.
- Once all the hair in this area is curled, drop another section; between the ears and eye level.
- Repeat steps 2 through 14 with the new hair section.
- Now lower the upper part and repeat the steps again.
Remember to start the curl on chin level for the most flattering curl. Keep practicing if you can not make it at first. You will get it someday. Hair styling is a learned skill. Practice creates masters! Thank you for reading!