French Braid and Side Fishtail Braid is a new combination Braid. I am often asked how I think about all these different tutorials. The simple answer is that there are literally millions of ways to change different hairstyles simply by using different types of braids. French braids, Dutch braids, fishtail braids, then crazy braids like knotted braids, 3D braids … the possibilities are endless.
This hairstyle is similar to a few others that I made …
but I have never put together a French braid and a fishtail braid … thrown in a gold bracelet and suddenly you have a completely new hairstyle.
I really hope you love it!
Follow these steps for the French Braid and Side Fishtail Braid:
- With a part on the right side, take part of the hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three parts.
- Cross the back strand over the middle and then the front strand to start a French braid
- Next, stroke the dorsal cord over the middle, then insert a strand of hair and give it to the crossed strand.
- Cross over the front strand by repeating step 3 with the other side.
- Continue weaving until the French braid reaches the corner of the forehead and then braid in a normal braid.
- Take a small section of hair from the three strands, hold them and push the rest of the hair upwards so that you hold everything together.
- Carefully loosen the bundled plait and pull the edges out to look like a messy, slack version of the original plait.
- Tight the end with a transparent rubber band.
- Grab a hanging brush and gently comb back the top of the hair to create volume.
- Pull all the hair over your left and divide it in half.
- Take a small piece of hair from one side, cross it and add it to the other side.
- Now take a small section from the opposite side and cross it on the other side. This creates a fishtail braid.
- Repeat steps 11 and 12 until all hair is braided.
- Carefully loosen the braid by pulling on the edges.
- Tighten the braid with a transparent rubber band.
- Now add a pretty ribbon just behind the first braid, the French braid, and pin the ends with hairpins.
- Spray the look with hairspray and it’s done!