A French braid updo for this special night or just if you feel like playing with your hair. The bun in the back is a definite necessity to arsenal in your hairstyle and packing it with a chic French braid takes it to the next level.
Finish the look with your favorite gold headband and you’re ready to let all your friends ask you how you did it. Try it out and do not forget to tag me on Instagram (@MissySueBlog) so I can rediscover your style.
Thank you for participating! You’re Marvellous!
French Braid Updo
- Step 1 / Place a headband about 2 inches back from the hairline with a side panel on the right side.
- Step 2 / Next, separate the hair into three sections, one on each side of the head and one in the back.
- Step 3 / Take the back section, roll the hair into a twist, wrap it in a low bun and secure it with hairpins.
- Step 4 / Once the bun is tight, gently pull on the edges to create a fuller bun, helping to hide the hairpins.
- Step 5 / Take the hair on the right side and gently twist the hair towards the back of the head.
- Step 6 / Wrap the twist over the top of the bun and stick it in place with hairpins.
- Step 7 / With the remaining hair on the left side, take a section near the part and divide into three pieces for the French braid.
- Step 8 / Make a French braid by crossing the back strand over the middle and then crossing the front strand over the middle. Now bring the strands of hair in, integrate them into the braid and change the side parts over the middle parts.
- Step 9 / Once all the hair has been incorporated into the braid, angle the braid up, over the knot and braid the rest of the hair to form a normal braid.
- Step 10 / Now wrap the braid around the top of the bun and stick it firmly.