Valentine’s Day is next week and I think this hairstyle would be perfect for the occasion. I know that this hairstyle may look a bit fancy, but just in case you feel like going on a vacation, it only takes a few minutes. I love fishtail French braids because they always feel a little extra dressed. It would be so easy to change the bun for your darling. If you decide to recreate this look, please let me know in the comments!
Fishtail Braid Updo Accessories:
- Rattailkamm “>
- 8-12 “hair clips>
- Medium hairspray
French Fishtail Braid Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by dividing the hair in a deep side panel on the right side.
- Step 2 / Take part of the hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into two parts.
- Step 3 / Begin a fishtail braid by crossing a little bit from right to left. Then you cross a little bit from left to right.
- Step 4 / Continue to cross small sections from one side to the opposite side and incorporate new sections into the mesh.
- Step 5 / Braid the hair to a fishtail French braid. Angle the braid diagonally over the back of the head in the direction of the right half of the neck.
- Step 6 / When all the hair is in the braid, continue the fishtail bandage and braid the cut to the ends.
- Step 7 / Criss cross two hairpins over the ends, so as not to untangle the braid.
- Step 8 / Go back over the braid and pull at the edges to make it wider and fuller. This is important for the roll content of this hairstyle.
- Step 9 / Once the braid is a bit bigger, take it on the left side and fold it over itself, place it against the neck.
- Step 10 / Bobby pins slide around the braid to attach it to the head. You can use as many bobby pins as you need. I kind of wove it through my hair to get a better grip.
- Step 11 / Once everything is pinned, go back over the braid and pull the edges to make the bun a little bigger. Adjust any sections until you like the look.
- Step 12 / Apply the style with hairspray and flatten all overflights.