Today’s tutorial shows a sweet, small, half-height style with a Dutch braid and a small messy knot. I love to wear my hair with curls, but think that I keep pulling it back and keep it away from little baby hands. This style is a simple yet chic way to keep your hair off your face while being quick and easy to do. I’ve shown some tutorials in the past with similar styles like this, but I love how it ends in a little messy knot. There is a little more detail than the typical, half-high style and the bun can really be made with your own personal twist. I hope you try it and love it the way it looks!
Half Up Dutch Braid Messy Bun Supplies:
- Paddle – brush
- 5-6 bobby pins
- 1 “curling iron
- Medium-high hairspray
Half Up Dutch Braid Messy Roll Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles, then divide the hair where you usually split it.
- Step 2 / Divide a piece of hair from the temples to the back of the head.
- Step 3 / Separate the section into three small pieces.
- Step 4 / Cross the strand on the left below the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Now cross the strand on the right side under the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Cross the left strand under the middle, then take a new strand of hair on the left side and cross it also under the middle.
- Step 7 / Repeat the previous step on the right. Cross the side under the middle and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 8 / Repeat the previous steps on the left and right sides again.
- Step 9 / Make another stitch of the braid and cross the left strand under the middle and then to the right.
Step 10 / Place the two outer sections against the head and insert them with bobby pins in place, sliding them horizontally into the hair.
- Step 11 / Take a 2 “section of hair under the braid to make the bun.
- Step 12 / Place two fingers under the section and grasp the hair with two fingers.
- Step 13 / Turn your hand down and to the right to make a turn with your hair.
- Step 14 / Twist the hair until the entire section is twisted.
- Step 15 / Lay the twist over itself so that it rests upside down, under the braid.
- Step 16 / Slide bobby pins into the bun to secure it in place.
- Step 17 / Curl the ends of the hair with a 1 “curling iron.
- Step 18 / Mash the finished look with a medium-hard hair spray to set it.