Bohemian braids, mermaid hair, intricate-looking hairstyles are so trendy for the summer that I simply could not resist creating a tutorial from the inspiration. I have seen the coolest combination of pigtails lately and am absolutely in love with her head over heels. This hairstyle is great because it can be adapted to your own personal style and mixed with your favorite braids. This special tutorial contains a Dutch Fishtail braid, a small twisted section and three normal braids. Change one of them for your specialty and see what you can do!
Half Up Mermaid braids
- Step 1 / Cut a hair piece from the hairline to the middle of the head.
- Step 2 / Make a Dutch fishtail braid until the braid reaches the back of the crown. Then braid the rest of the section into a regular fishtail braid and tie the end with an elastic band.
- Step 3 / Carefully pull on the edges of the braid to make it appear fuller. Tip: Peel off the rubber band and pull the rubber band upwards so that the braid retains its “pulled out” shape.
- Step 4 / Take a new section of hair along the hairline from the braid to the left ear.
- Step 5 / Twist this section and wrap it over the fishtail braid.
- Step 6 / Insert the twist so that it goes over the pigtail.
- Step 7 / Take a similar section along the hairline on the right side and braid it to a regular braid.
- Step 8 / Cross it over the fishtail braid, and over the twisted section, and place it next to the fishtail braid.
- Step 9 / Take a 1-2 “section of hair, on the left side of the fishtail braid, and create a regular braid, tie the end with an elastic band.
- Step 10 / Make a mesh of similar size on the right side of the fishtail braid before applying a medium-hard hairspray.