I’m so excited about today’s tutorial because it’s just perfect for every day!
I actually posted a picture of this style on instagram a few months ago and had a ton of requests for a tutorial. Needless to say I finally got to it so you can now learn how to recreate the style at home. I hope you enjoy it and do not forget to share it with a friend. xo, missy
Half Up Mini Dutch Fishtail Braid Supplies:
- Comb or brush
- 2 clear elastic bands
- 2-4 bobby pins
- Flexible hold hairspray
- Optional: for straight hair, Flat Iron ( ultimate favorite )
- Optional: for beach waves, curling iron
Half Up Mini Dutch Fishtail Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by dividing a section of hair at the top of the head with a clear elastic band. Take a small section of hair, wrap it around the elastic band and hide it with a bobby pin.
- Step 2 / Now divide the wrapped section into two equal pieces. Braid it into a dutch fishtail braid by crossing small sections from the outer edges to the opposite side while incorporating into the braid.
- Step 3 / When the braid reaches the top of the ears, braid a few more sections of a regular fishtail braid, crossing the side strands under the opposite side without bringing in any new sections. Then go back over the braid and gently pull on the edges to make it a little fuller.
- Step 4 / Grab another elastic band and tie off the braid.
- Step 5 / Take a small section of hair, wrapping it around the elastic to hide it.
- Step 6 / Grab your favorite straightener and smooth out any kinks or add some soft waves with a curling iron.
I love this style for school but think it would be a casual look during the week. Be sure to pin up your favorite image and share with a friend and I’ll see you next weekend for a new tutorial!