This Dutch headband Braid is one of my favorite ways to hold my hair back, out of my face and a quick and easy braid that will give you many compliments. It’s also a great way to add a bit of detail to your everyday curls. For this tutorial I use a 1 “x curling iron from Pro Beauty Tools. It’s 2 inches longer than a traditional iron, making it perfect for refined curls to longer hair.
This curling wand is great because it has the same technology as the leading professional brands that make it easy to create salon quality at home. I love to know that it is used and recommended by stylists because it is so affordable. It creates 24-hour curls, so it’s one of my favorite irons to use and that I bump into it every day.
Headband Braid Supplies:
- Paddle – brush
- 1 plain elastic band
- Chi iron protection spray
- Texturing hair spray
- Pro Beauty Tools 1 “X-long curling iron
Headband Braid Instructions
- Step 1 / Start with a part on the right side. Take a small section of hair along the approx. 3 “wide part. Divide the section into three equal sections for the braid.
- Step 2 / Cross over the side strands under the middle strand and create the first stitch of the braid.
- Step 3 / Take a small piece of hair and tie it into the left side strand. Cross this sidestream under the middle section.
- Step 4 / Insert a strand of hair in the strand on the right side and cross it under the middle section.
- Step 5 / Work hair into the strand on the left side and cross the side strand under the middle.
- Step 6 / Cross the right strand below the middle strand. Then add the last hair part on the left side and cross under the middle part.
- Step 7 / Braid the cut in a Dutch braid without adding extra hair.
- Step 8 / Separate a small section of hair near the back of the head.
- Step 9 / Tie the braid to the small part of the hair with a transparent rubber band. Lay the hair over the top of the tape to hide it.
- Step 10 / Use the Pro Beauty 1 “Curling Wand to add modern curls to the rest of your hair. Set the style with hair spray to finish the look.
I love that this curling wand has a 24ct gold plated barrel, with several heat settings that ensure that the heat is evenly distributed for consistent performance. This special barrel heats up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit with a fast heat recovery system that makes it perfect for all hair types. This Pro Beauty Curling Wand will definitely be my favorite! You can buy your own Walmart today.
How to use a curling stick:
- Step 1 / Divide the hair into two sections and create a horizontal line from the top of both ears that cuts off the top section.
- Step 2 / Separate a small 1 “vertical section of hair and spray with a heat protection spray. I use CHI Iron Guard Spray.
- Step 3 / Using a Pro Beauty Tools 1 “X-Long Gold Curling Wand, place the vertical hair section over the front of the wand.
- Step 4 / Wrap the hair around the barrel and hold it for 5-8 sections.
- Step 5 / Move the curling iron along the cut and continue winding the hair to the end.
- Step 6 / Release the hair from the barrel and let it cool.
- Step 7 / Lower a small horizontal section of hair and roll it in small sections. Spray the roots with a dry shampoo to add some texture.
- Step 8 / Curl the top last section and the hair around the face in the same way.
- Step 9 / Mist the style with a dry, textured hairspray. I use Fave4 Texture Takeover.
- Step 10 / Run your fingers through the curls to break them, but keep the separate texture.
* Thanks to Pro Beauty Tools for sponsoring this post.