My last obsession is the inverted fishtail braid and this reverse fishtail sash is the newest in my list of favorites. I recently presented a headband version tutorial and a more complicated style, Waterfall and Inverted Fishtail Braid, but I think it would be perfect for a party or a get-together. Braids are so fun to wear and it’s great when someone shouts “Whoa, how did you do that?” I think if you try this, you will not regret it! Be sure to dress it with a beautiful clip and you’re ready to go!
Inverted Fishtail Side Braid:
- Step 1 / Start with one side piece and thread all hair over the opposite shoulder.
- Step 2 / Take a strand of hair behind the right ear and divide it into two sections.
- Step 3 / Separate a small piece of hair from the top half, cross it under the section and attach it to the bottom section of the hair.
- Step 4 / Then separate a small piece of hair from the bottom half, cross below and place in the top half.
- Step 5 / Cross another section from the top half to the bottom half, but also pick up a hair piece and integrate it into the strand.
- Step 6 / Repeat step 5 with the bottom section, cross under a small section of the strand and attach a strand of hair that runs underneath.
- Step 7 / Continue weaving, repeat steps 5 and 6 and form an inverted fishtail braid until it reaches the opposite side of the head.
- Step 8 / Once all the hair has been applied, braid it in a normal fishtail braid.
- Step 9 / Tighten the end with a rubber band.
- Step 10 / Go back and pull the sides of the braid to make it fuller.
- Step 11 / Then place two clips over the top of the braid for the finished look.