This elegant updo can look complicated, but that’s the beauty of it. You’ll never believe how easy it is to recreate! The secret is that it’s actually a small lace trim and a messy bun. Waaaaaa?! I know. This hairstyle is so pretty that it would look good for a school dance, a wedding or a formal occasion! Of course, if you feel like evacuating yourself in the house, then that would work well, because be honest, I did!
This hairstyle was created to suit your mood, but like most of the hairstyles I try in my free time, it turned out to be different than originally planned. Needless to say that I love the look and am so excited to share the tutorial with you. I hope you try it and change it to reflect your personal style or spark a touch of creativity for your next big event! xo
Lace Braid Wrapped Buns
- Step 1 / Brush the hair to remove any entanglements and add some curls to the ends if desired. Then with a side panel, take a 1 “section of hair on the heavy side of the part near the hairline. If you want to leave your hair out of your face, remove it now so it does not get in the way.
- Step 2 / Create a lace braid by crossing the side strands over the middle and incorporating the hair from the top of the head into the braid.
- Step 3 / Continue to braid the hair and work diagonally downwards so that the braids form a diagonal from the top of the head to the shoulder.
- Step 4 / Tie off the end of the braid with a transparent rubber band.
- Step 5 / Sweep the remaining hair towards the back of the head and tie it into a bun. Since the bun is hidden by the hair from the braid, you can create any bun that you want. I made the bun from this tutorial, but the “simplest top knot” technique would work well as well.
- Step 6 / Next, take the braid and roll it up and drape it over the top of the bun, so it sits on your head.
- Step 7 / Push 2-3 bobby pins into the braid to secure it over the bun.
- Step 8 / Wrap the end of the braid around the right side of the bun and put it under it and attach it with 1-2 more hairpins.
- Step 9 / Set the style with hair spray and smooth out any overflights.
- Step 10 / Take a curling iron and curl out all parts to frame the face.