This lace headband braid is the perfect accent for your favorite curls. If you love to wear your hair, but at the end of the way, you’re going to get the top out of the way, then this hairstyle is a perfect way to change things. Of course, this style can also be worn with straight hair or even pulled together in a ponytail. This lace braid can be a little difficult to start, but once you get the hang of fishing the braid up, it quickly becomes a favorite.
Lace Headband Braid Supplies:
Lace Headband Braid
- Step 1 / Start brushing the hair straight back from the hairline. Take a small section of hair near the right ear and divide it into three sections for the braid.
- Step 2 / Start a lace braid by crossing the side strands over the middle, then start working small hair pieces along the hairline into the braid.
- Step 3 / Braid the hair to the top of the head and hold it near the hairline.
- Step 4 / Braid the hair to the left side and only put hair on one side of the braid.
- Step 5 / Guide the braid along the left side of the head towards the ear.
- Step 6 / Once the braid reaches the ear, braid the section in a normal braid.
- Step 7 / Place the braid upside down, under the hair over it, and pin it down.
- Step 8 / Curl the ends of the hair with a curling wand or iron.
- Step 9 / Take a Naschkamm and comb small hair at the hairline.
- Step 10 / Gently smooth the top layer of hair to hide the teased part.
- Step 11 / Spray hair with a medium to hold hairspray tight to adjust the style and add extra volume.
- Step 12 / Brush the ends and add a smoothing cream to finish the style.