A tutorial on Monday, whaaaaat?!? Today, I’m working with John Frieda to share with you how to make these mini braids and beach waves. I am obsessed with this style because it has a summery feel, but I definitely think that this is a look that can be worn all year round. The school is coming and it would be so cute in the first week of school, if you get ready every morning, * wink wink. I hope you love this style as much as I do and think that you will love how easy these curls are, so let’s work on that!
Beach Waves Instructions:
- Step 1 / Split the hair on top of the ears and cut off the top part.
- Step 2 / Take a small 1 “hair piece and wrap it around a 1” curling iron, wrap it away from your face.
- Step 3 / Hold the section for 5-8 seconds before releasing it.
- Step 4 / Take a new section and wrap it around a 1 1/4 “curling iron to the face.
- Step 5 / Continue to take small strands of hair and wrap them around a 1 “and 1 1/4” curling iron, alternately between face and face.
- Step 6 / Once all the hair from this section is curled, lower the top section and repeat the same steps until all hair is rolled.
- Step 7 / Take the John Frieda Sea Waves ™ salt spray and spray everything over the hair before gently shaking out the curls.
Half Up Dutch Braids Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by splitting the hair where you usually share it; I put mine on the right side.
- Step 2 / Start on the left side, parting a small section of hair with the strap.
- Step 3 / Divide the cut into three parts and cross the side strands under the middle part.
- Step 4 / Cross the upper strand under the middle and then take a thin piece of hair from the front hairline, bring it to the braid and cross it into the braid.
- Step 5 / Cross the bottom strand under the middle and bring a small section directly under the braid.
- Step 6 / Cross the upper strand under the middle and bring another layer of hair from the top of the head behind the first section.
- Step 7 / Cross the bottom strand below the center, but do not add extra sections to this side of the mesh.
- Step 8 / Now cross the upper strand under the middle and bring in a new disk.
- Step 9 / Continue the Dutch braid and add hair up. Hold it by the temple so that it forms a horizontal braid towards the back of the head.
- Step 10 / Once the braid reaches the back, tie it with an elastic band.
Instructions continued …
- Step 11 / Repeat the previous steps and create a second Dutch braid on the right side of the head. Make sure to add only one section of the bottom half of the braid while the top parts are thin slices that extend from the part.
- Step 12 / When the second braid reaches the first, at the back of the head, make a few more stitches of the braid and tie it with an elastic band.
- Step 13 / Now tie the two strands together with an elastic band.
- Step 14 / Remove each rubber band from each braid and untangle it carefully.
- Step 15 / Divide a small section of hair, wrap it around the elastic band and fix it with a hair clip.
With the John Frieda® Beach Blonde® and Sheer Blonde® collections you can achieve perfect and carefree hair. The Sea Waves ™ salt spray featured in this video textures year round for ruffled styles, windswept waves or perfect perfection. The Sheer Blonde® Color Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo neutralizes measuring, orange tones while it cleanses.
Thanks to John Frieda® for partnering in this post.