Mohawk French Braid Updo shows you how to model this edging hairstyle that I recently posted on Instagram. The little arrow detail lifts off the hairstyle of your typical Mohawk style and luckily this part is super easy to replicate. The style features a French braid along the crown with the rest of the hair pulled into two small buns. To create the golden arrow, take some hairpins and place them with their ends in your hair. Put them out and make them as big or as small as you want! Do not forget to mark me (@MissySueBlog) so I can see your version of the style!
Mohawk French Braid Updo
- Step 1 / Start by cutting off the top of the hair by attaching two pieces to the front edges each and clearing that section out of the way.
- Step 2 / Next, tie the bottom part so that it can be used later.
- Step 3 / Now lower the upper part and comb the hair gently in sections to create a little volume.
- Step 4 / Smooth the top layer of hair as you stroke the section to the back of the head.
- Step 5 / Next, take a small section of hair directly at the hairline; This will be the centerpiece in our French braid.
- Step 6 / Take two smaller pieces just behind the larger middle piece for the three sections of our braid.
- Step 7 / Create a French weave by crossing the side strands over the middle, then start to incorporate hair into the strands.
- Step 8 / When the braid reaches the back of the crown, braid yourself in a regular braid and tie the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 9 / Now release the lower part of the hair that was previously fixed to create the two buns.
- Step 10 / Split this hair into two sections by placing a part directly between the ears and the French braid.
- Step 11 / Take a clear elastic band and wrap it halfway over the hair so that the hair is not completely pulled through.
- Step 12 / Turn the rubber band, turn the hair at the same time and wrap the rubber band over the hair again to get a small bun.
- Step 13 / Now take the remaining hair and repeat step 12 to make a second little bun.
- Step 14 / Smooth out all overflights with a firm hairspray.
- Step 15 / To create the arrow design, insert hairpins into the hair, touching the edges until you reach the size and style you want.