So excited to present Braid # 2 today, the Side French Braid ponytail. I recently wore it in an outfit post, Pony Dress, but it’s such a simple style that I often wear.
The trick to making the braid look smooth is to put on only three strands of hair on each side of the braid before ending in a regular braid. This makes it a bit smoother and creates a softer look. Do not forget to pull on the edges of the braid to make it fuller, because that makes the biggest difference.
Also throw some curls in the ponytail; This brings the finished style a bit higher and is always a must for me.
French pigtail ponytail
- Step 1 / Using a side panel, pick up a strand of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide into three parts.
- Step 2 / Start a French plait by crossing the side strands over the middle.
- Step 3 / Next, take a strand of hair and insert it into the right strand, crossing both pieces over the middle strand. Now add a strand of hair to the left strand and cross both over the middle. Repeat these steps on each side again so that only two sections are put into the French braid.
- Step 4 / Braid the hair in a normal braid.
- Step 5 / Tape the end of the braid with an elastic band and gently loosen the sides to make them fuller.
- Step 6 / Thread the rest of the hair into a ponytail and remove the rubber band from the braid.
- Step 7 / Take a small piece of hair off the ponytail and wrap it around the hair band.
- Step 8 / Secure the end of the packaged piece with a hairpin.
- Step 9 / Optional: To create a fuller ponytail, spray with dry shampoo and gently comb the hair near the hair band.